Dear Families and Parents of Jewell Students,
It’s hard to believe that we are at the end of the 2016-2017 school year already! Our students have grown so much academically, physically and emotionally; and are ready for the next grade level in their journey towards college and career. I’m so lucky to have gotten to know each of them and I know that together, we can help each of your scholars achieve great things!
I’d like to wish everyone a fabulously fun and safe summer with plenty of time to do the things that your family enjoys. I’d also like to ask each of you to read with your children or to carve out an hour a day in which the whole family finds a comfy and quiet spot and reads for an hour or so. Reading is so important in combatting summer slide. We want our scholars to retain everything they’ve learned this year and that can only happen with your help and guidance.
Please remember to check out Jewell Elementary School’s website for our latest information over the summer. You can also find our school master calendar there, listing any activities that are up and coming.
The main office at Jewell will be open until June 15th to answer any questions or to help you find information. Please give us a call at 303.751.8862 if you need anything during that time.
Some important dates/information to remember for the beginning of the school year:
- School hours for next year: 7:45-2:15. Drop off begins at 7:30.
- YMCA online registration is now open for Jewell at : http://www.denverymca.org/child-care/before-after-school-care
- Office hours will be from 7:30-3:15.
- The first day of school is August 10th for 1st-5th
- PreK and Kinder begin on August 14th.
- Back to School Night is Wednesday August 9th from 4:30-6:30. You’ll get a chance to visit your new classrooms and we’ll have a bbq outside.
- Kinder parents: Look for mail from Jewell in July, explaining our assessment process. Kinder Assessment Days are August 10th and 11th; your child will be asked to attend for two hours of time.
- Math Standards Community Night will be August 30th from 5-7 for all grade levels. Parents, come and learn about grade level expectations for your students, our new Math curriculum and how you help your child to succeed in Math.
Have a safe and relaxing summer, everyone! See you in August!
Nadine M. Ritchotte
Principal, Jewell Elementary School